Online Question and Answer Sessions
Public Holding to Account
The PCC’s public ‘holding to account’ session takes place every six months, with the last one being held on 13th July 2020 (a link to the video is below). The public ‘holding to account’ sessions gives the PCC an opportunity to raise questions that are sent in by the public, to West Mercia Police Chief Constable, Anthony Bangham. Look out for information on the next date and theme on the PCCs social media accounts or in the local news.
How does it work?
You can get involved, and ask a question, in the following ways:
- Send us a comment or a private message on Facebook @WestMerciaPCC
- Email us at email@example.com
- Comment during the live broadcast.
To keep it fair for everyone to ask a question, the following will apply:
- Questions must be focused on the chosen subject.
- Questions in advance must be submitted before 5pm on Sunday preceding the broadcast. A limited number of questions submitted during the live event will be asked during the broadcast.
- We’ll endeavour to put as many of your questions as we can to the Chief Constable, on a first come, first served basis, but we may not get to them all.
- If we are unable to answer your question during the livestream, and you would like a follow up from the police, we encourage you to contact your local policing team, whose details can be found on the West Mercia Police website.
- Primarily the questions will be asked by the PCC to the Chief Constable, on behalf of the public, although some questions directly for the PCC will be welcomed.
- Unless you ask to remain anonymous, your first name will be read out during the broadcast.
- Questions will be limited to one per person.
- Please keep your questions, concise- some wording may be abbreviated for the purpose of the live stream and/or asked collectively when a number of people ask a similar questions.
- We know you have busy lives so in case you miss the livestream watch it back afterwards on Facebook: @WestMerciaPCC or here on our website.
- Our privacy statement sets out details as to how we manage data, and is published here.
Like to know more?
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch videos of previous live sessions below: