There are many opportunities to put your questions to the Police and Crime Commissioner in face to face and online forums.
John Campion, Police and Crime Commissioner, has held a number of question and answer surgeries. Designed to engage with more rural communities, giving the public the opportunity to put their questions, relating to local policing, to John in person on a one to one basis. Details of the surgeries that have taken place across West Mercia are as follows:
New dates will be published for 2020 soon.
- 11th November 2019 – 4pm until 6pm – The Pump Rooms, Teme Street, Tenbury Wells, WR15 8BA
- 4th December 2019 – 3pm until 5pm – The Lifford Memorial Hall, Lower Green, Broadway, WR12 7BU
- 6th December 2019 – 12:30pm until 2:30pm – Leominster Town Council, 11 Corn Square, HR6 8LX
- 13th December 2019 – 4pm until 6pm – Civic Centre, High Street, Whitchurch SY13 1AX
- 6th January 2020 – 2pm until 4pm – Craven Arms Community Centre, Newington Way SY7 9PS
- 6th January 2020 – 5pm until 6pm – Leintwardine Community Centre, High Street, SY7 0LB
- 6th January 2020 – 7pm until 9pm – Clun Memorial Hall, Guilden Down SY7 8NY
- 8th January 2020 – 12:30pm until 2:30pm – The Larruperz Centre, Grammar School Close, Ross On Wye, HR9 7QD
- 20th January 2020 – 10am until 12pm – Market House, Ledbury, HR8 1DS
- 22nd January 2020 – 2pm until 4pm – Evesham Town Hall, 24 Vine Street, WR11 4RS
- 27th January 2020 – 5pm until 7pm – Kington Town Council, 2 Market Hall Street, HR5 3DP
- 29th January 2020 – 11:30am-1:30pm – The Memorial Hall, 8 Old Street, Upton-on-Severn, WR8 0HA
- 31st January 2020 – 10am until 12pm – Malvern Town Council, 28 Belle Vue Terrace, WR14 4PZ
- 31st January 2020 – 2pm until 3:30pm – Bromyard Public Hall, Rowberry Street, HR7 4DZ
- 3rd February 2020 – 5pm until 7pm – Droitwich Spa Community Hall, Heritage Way, WR9 8RF
- 5th February 2020 – 3pm until 5pm – The Sylvester Horne Institute, High Street, Church Stretton SY6 6BY
- 12th February 2020 – 12pm until 2pm – Eardisley Village Hall, Church Road, HR3 6NH
- 15th February 2020 – 11am until 1pm – Pontesbury Public Hall, Shrewsbury Road, SY5 0QD
Public Holding to Account
The PCC’s public ‘holding to account’ session takes place every six months, with the last one being held on 13th July 2020 (a link to the video is below). The public ‘holding to account’ sessions gives the PCC an opportunity to raise questions that are sent in by the public, to West Mercia Police Chief Constable, Anthony Bangham. Look out for information on the next date and theme on the PCCs social media accounts or in the local news.
How does it work?
You can get involved, and ask a question, in the following ways:
- Send us a comment or a private message on Facebook @WestMerciaPCC
- Email us at [email protected]
- Comment during the live broadcast.
To keep it fair for everyone to ask a question, the following will apply:
- Questions must be focused on the chosen subject.
- Questions in advance must be submitted before 5pm on Sunday preceding the broadcast. A limited number of questions submitted during the live event will be asked during the broadcast.
- We’ll endeavour to put as many of your questions as we can to the Chief Constable, on a first come, first served basis, but we may not get to them all.
- If we are unable to answer your question during the livestream, and you would like a follow up from the police, we encourage you to contact your local policing team, whose details can be found on the West Mercia Police website.
- Primarily the questions will be asked by the PCC to the Chief Constable, on behalf of the public, although some questions directly for the PCC will be welcomed.
- Unless you ask to remain anonymous, your first name will be read out during the broadcast.
- Questions will be limited to one per person.
- Please keep your questions, concise- some wording may be abbreviated for the purpose of the live stream and/or asked collectively when a number of people ask a similar questions.
- We know you have busy lives so in case you miss the livestream watch it back afterwards on Facebook: @WestMerciaPCC or here on our website.
- Our privacy statement sets out details as to how we manage data.
Like to know more?
- Drop us an email at [email protected]
- Watch videos of previous live sessions below: