WEST MERCIA PCC: DISCLOSURE LOG
RESPONSE TO REQUEST
Reference: 2021 – 271 / WE5234
Date of response: 26th January 2022
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
I would like to request the following information:
- Please confirm whether your police force has considered entering into a collaboration agreement pursuant to section 22A of the Police Act 1996 (as amended by the PRSRA) to establish a Forensic Capability Network (FCN).
- Please confirm whether, as a result of such consideration, that such an agreement has been signed and if not please supply the reasons for not entering such an agreement.
- If, such an agreement has been entered, please supply the date on which the agreement came into legal force.
- Please confirm whether your police force has agreed that the Forensic Capability Network will prepare the next round of contracts for physical forensic services as part of their “next generation procurement” as detailed here on the FCN website https://www.fcn.police.uk/news/2021-11/seven-year-plan-next-generation-procurement-physical-forensics-goes-market , in other words, is your police force using this process or something else to procure such services?
- If your police force is using something other than the Forensic Capability Network’s process described in (4), please provide information as to what that process is.
Please see the below response to your request.
Q2. Yes an agreement is in place.
Q3. 17th March 2021.
Q4 and Q5. Information is not held by the OPCC.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write to the Information Compliance Unit; Information Compliance Unit, PO Box 55, Worcester, WR3 8SP. Email: [email protected]
West Mercia PCC
If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:
Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP
The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further request.
If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).