Accessibility Settings Skip to main content

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is intended to create openness with all public authorities and Government by giving individuals more access to information.  

The Act provides a general right of access to non personal information held by public authorities, although there are a few exemptions.  The exemptions allow public authorities to legitimately withhold information under certain circumstances.

Publication Scheme

In order to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, public sector organisations such as ours have to routinely publish information whenever possible.

The purpose of this scheme is to make the maximum amount of information easily available at no cost to the public.  Material which is published online on our website is provided free of charge.  If there is a charge for the information you request which is not publicly available on our website, you will be advised of this charge before the information is supplied to you.

The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is responsible for regulating and enforcing the access to, and use of, personal information. View the ICOs Model Publication scheme.

View the Police and Crime Commissioner’s publication scheme.

Disclosure log

The disclosure log lists responses to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which we feel are of wider public interest. We assess each response to determine if it should be published in the disclosure log.

We may add a response to our disclosure log if it meets the following criteria:

We can demonstrate how decisions have been made within our organisation.

There is a substantial public, rather than private, interest.

The disclosure passes the public interest test.

Where we have spent public money or disclosed information around resources.

For personal data reasons, we cannot publish any requests from a complainant

Requests for Information

If you cannot find the information you need on this website, or within the Publication Scheme when this is available, you can make a request for information.  You can make a request for information by:

  • Sending a letter, including your name, address and any other details that could help us find the information you require to OPCC, West Mercia Police, Hindlip, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR3 8SP.
  • [email protected]

Please note: The Police and Crime Commissioner’s office does not hold operational policing information. Requests of this nature should be sent directly to West Mercia Police.