WEST MERCIA PCC: DISCLOSURE LOG
RESPONSE TO REQUEST
Reference: 2023 – 345 / WE7977
Date of response: 26th July 2023
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 – INFORMATION REQUEST
Dear PCC Team,
This is an FOI request. I’m an academic at Birkbeck College and I am interested in researching the issue of the Inspection of Accounts rights under the Audit Act 2014, to see if or how it is being used across local bodies in the UK. [Redacted].
I wanted to ask for data, between 2019 and 2022/23 for
- If the accounts were published in those years
- Number of people who inspected the accounts in the time periods each year.
- Number of requests/questions asked, and what they were/what areas they covered
- Number of objections raised, and what they were.
- Any FOI requests relating to the accounts or finances (with the phrase ‘accounts’ of inspection
or statement of accounts).
- Any changes made to the accounts as a result.
If any of the data are already public or if you need further clarification, please let me know.
Please see the below response to your request.
- The requirements are for the accounts to be published in draft and following completion of the audit. West Mercia PCC accounts comply with this publication requirement and are made available on the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioners’ website at www.westmerciapcc.gov.uk under Key Information/publications/financial information.
- The Office does not hold any formal records of inspections. However there is no evidence of any
inspections having been made, and to the best of our knowledge no inspections were made
during the period referred to.
- Refer to the above response.
- There have not been any objections raised during the period referred to.
- All FOIs are published on our website and can be found at www.westmercia-pcc.gov.uk under
Key Information/Freedom of Information.
- No changes have been made to the accounts as a result.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write to the Information Compliance Unit; Information Compliance Unit, PO Box 55, Worcester, WR3 8SP. Email: [email protected]
West Mercia PCC
If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:
Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP
The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further
If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).