Your annual council tax leaflet will be landing through your letterbox shortly, if it hasn’t already.
The leaflet includes a detailed breakdown of where your council tax will be going in 2023/24. You pay council tax to several different organisations. Each one charges a different amount for their services.
You will also receive PCC John Campion’s leaflet. On one side it includes a more detailed explanation of the amount of council tax you will pay towards policing in West Mercia.
As the voice of the public in policing, the PCC is focusing on delivering your policing priorities:
- Taking police officer numbers to the highest on establishment record in West Mercia meaning more officers are visible and accessible in your communities.
- New community crime fighting teams, totalling 55 officers, to be established.
- Tackling the causes of crime and harm in local communities with the funding of 10 Community Safety Engagement Officers
- £2m for local crime reduction projects in partnership with local councils
- £250k to improve road safety and reduce harm on the roads
Despite the significant increase in resources that are being made available to West Mercia Police, the growing demand and inflationary pressures mean that the force will have to deliver efficiencies of £10.8m.
Council tax will be increasing by 5.94% for an average Band D household, or an extra 29p per week.
On the other side of the leaflet, there is really useful information about how you, and your loved ones can stay safe online.
Over half of all crime is fraud and cyber related. This page includes 3 easy steps to protect so you can ensure the scammers don’t win.
If you would like more information on how your money is being spent, please click here .