Accessibility Settings Skip to main content


Reference: 2022 – 297 / WE6255
Date of response: 17th August 2022



Dear Sir

Re Illegally loud Exhausts

I would like all minute of meetings of ‘Holding to account’ of the Chief Constable by the
Police and Crime Commissioner, since May 2020 that contain the matter of Illegal

I would like any other evidence that the Police and Crime Commissioner has taken steps
to tackle illegal exhausts since May 2020


Please see the below response to your request.

Your request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is refused.

It is exempt from disclosure under Section 12 (cost limit). This is due to the time that would
be required to manually scrutinise a very large number of OPCC case files and documents
to establish whether information is held in the first place. Activity against illegal exhausts is not catalogued in any formal way within the OPCC, and therefore would require manual
review of every area of PCC business. In accordance with s17(5) of the FOIA, this acts as
a refusal notice.

In the interests of seeking to be helpful and outside of your request, I would point out that
information relating to Holding to Account is published on the OPCC Website. Link below.

Assurance and Accountability Meetings – West Mercia Police Crime Commissioner (

Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write to the
Information Compliance Unit; Information Compliance Unit, PO Box 55, Worcester, WR3
8SP. Email: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

FOI Officer

West Mercia Police


If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:

Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP

The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further request.

If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).