Accessibility Settings Skip to main content

Reference: 2023 – 348 / WE08076
Date of response: 28th July 2023


“A couple of years ago I tried asking you a number of questions at a public meeting you held in
Malvern. You invited the public, to attend and ask you questions.
I attended and asked you questions about certain Police Officers in the West Mercia Force, and
rather than answer my questions, you just smiled and giggled. I think you smiled and giggled
because you did not know quite how to answer my questions, and for that reason, I am writing to
you under the Freedom of Information Act.

  1. Please let me know if you are a member of the secret organisation called The Freemasons?
  2. If you are not presently connected to the Freemasons, have you ever been connected to this group in the past?”


Please see the below response to your request.
Your Freedom of Information request is refused, and this correspondence acts as our Refusal Notice.

It is exempt under S.40 (2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Personal Information.
Disclosure of the sort of personal information you are seeking would contravene the UK’s GDPR principles, most pertinently that there is no lawful purpose for processing.

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner neither confirms or denies whether it holds the information you have sought.

If you are dissatisfied with this response you have the right to take the matter up with the
Information Commissioner.

Yours sincerely,

FOI Officer

West Mercia PCC


If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:

Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP

The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further

If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).