Accessibility Settings Skip to main content


Reference: 2024-375 / WE09596
Date of response: 13th March 2024



Under the Freedom of Information Act, I request the following information:

Has the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner approved the purchase of a ‘vintage’
police car at any point within the last two financial years, and the current financial year
(2023/24, and prior to that 2022/23 and 2021/22)?

If so, please specify the make and model of the vintage vehicle, and the cost of the

Please specify where the vintage vehicle was bought from? (i.e. an auction, a dealership,
a member of the public).

Please specify what budget was used to pay for it?

Please specify if any money was spent on refurbishing the vintage vehicle, and if so, what
the cost was?

Please specify what the vintage vehicle will be used for?


No, the OPCC has not authorised the purchase of a vintage vehicle in the period specified.
There has been some social media coverage regarding a retired vehicle on the West
Mercia fleet which has recently undergone a refurbishment in order to be used at public
engagement events.

If you require further information, please direct your query to West Mercia Police.

Yours sincerely,
FOI Officer
West Mercia OPCC

Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write to the
Information Compliance Unit; Information Compliance Unit, PO Box 55, Worcester, WR3
8SP. Email: [email protected]

Response Reviews

If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:

Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP

The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly, and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further request.

If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).