The office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Mercia and The Office of the Chief Constable of West Mercia Police
Statement of Accounts 2022/2023 – Public Inspection Notice
Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 Part 5 Sections 14 and 15
The period for the exercise of public rights commences at 9.00 am on 14 June 2023 and will conclude at 5pm on 25 July 2023.
The following documents will be made available:
- Statement of Accounts for the PCC, Chief Constable and Group
- The Annual Governance Statement
- The Narrative Report
The PCC, Chief Constable and Group Statements of Accounts are subject to audit and may therefore change during the public inspection period. The external auditors are Grant Thornton UK LLP, 2 Glass Wharf, Bristol. BS2 0EL. (Engagement Lead, Jackson Murray: Telephone 0117 305 7859).
- From 9.00am on 14 June 2023 to 5pm on 25 July 2023 inclusive any person may inspect the accounting records of the PCC, Chief Constable and Group for the financial year to 31 March 2023, and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at the address given below. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents.
- From 9.00am on 14 June 2023 to 5pm on 25 July 2023 inclusive at the request of a local government elector, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the PCC, Chief Constable and Group.
- From 9.00am on 14 June 2023 to 5pm on 25 July 2023 inclusive a local government elector for the area of West Mercia Police or his/her representative may object to the PCC, Chief Constable and/or Group accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the PCC and Chief Constable at the address given below.
4. A guide to your rights can be found at www.nao.org.uk/code-audit-practice/wpcontent/uploads/sites/29/2015/03/Council-accounts-a-guide-to-your-rights.pdf
Treasurer to the Office of
the Police and Crime
Director of Commercial Services
West Mercia Police HQ