Accessibility statement for westmercia-pcc.gov.uk
This accessibility statement applies to the entire westmercia-pcc.gov.uk website.
This website is run by West Mercia PCC. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- videos do not have captions
- images are missing alt text
- empty buttons/links
- low contrast
- no skip to main content button
- menus/accordions are not accessible via keyboard
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact us.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a livechat service which may help for those who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
West Mercia PCC is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-compliances are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
- Images missing alt text
- Menu and Accordions not keyboard accessible
- Missing aria labels
- Empty buttons which are unclear for those using screenreaders
- Low colour contrast which may be difficult for those with sight problems
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16/10/2020. It was last reviewed on 16/10/2020.
This website was last tested on 16/10/2020. The test was carried out by Formation Media.
We decided to test a sample of pages.