Accessibility Settings Skip to main content


Reference: 2021 – 266 / WE5116
Date of response: 22nd November 2021



I am an undergraduate student currently doing my dissertation. Please find below the questions that I would like answered if possible.

  1. Is heritage crime an issue in your county?
  2. Is heritage crime an important issue for your county?
  3. What are the levels of recorded heritage crime in your county over the last 5 years?
  4. What categories of heritage crime have been recorded in your county over the last 5 years?
  5. Is heritage crime considered as a priority for the Police & Crime Commissioner e.g. is it included in your Police and Crime Plan
  6. Does your service partake in and/or encourage partnership working with outside bodies with regards to heritage crime working, for example, Historic England?
  7. Are situational crime prevention techniques used by the service you are responsible for preventing heritage crimes?


Please see the below response to your request.

Questions 1,2,3,4 and 7 are wholly matters for West Mercia Police. This information is not held by the OPCC.

Question 5 – Heritage crime is not a specifically stated priority, but is often captured within rural crime, which is a priority for the PCC.

Question 6 – Yes, the PCC is involved in and encourages a wide range of partnerships which would incorporate heritage crime.

Further information in respect of Questions 5 & 6 is published on the PCC’s Website –

Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please write to the Information Compliance Unit; Information Compliance Unit, PO Box 55, Worcester, WR3 8SP. Email: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

FOI Officer
West Mercia PCC


If you think that the Police and Crime Commissioner has failed to supply information in accordance with the publication scheme, then you should write in the first instance, to the:

Chief Executive, OPCC – West Mercia, Hindlip Hall, Worcester. WR3 8SP

The PCC will aim to deal with your complaint within 10 working days. If you are dissatisfied with the response you can ask for the matter to be internally reviewed. Internal reviews will be completed promptly and a response given to you within 20 working days of your further request.

If, after the internal review, you remain dissatisfied, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner (Office of the Information Commissioner), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF).